Friday, March 18, 2011

The Voices


I just finished preparing for a math lesson.  I was having fun and was also focused on creating something of quality so the process took around 6 hours. 

Suddenly, I realize that my head is pounding.  Too much time playing with power point.  And that’s when they start.

A little voice in my head says, “Sarah you can’t continue like this!  You also spent a total of 10 hours working this weekend when you add in the time you spent grading papers.”  The other voice then starts up, “How could you start complaining like that?  Are you going to be a whiner now?  I thought you loved teaching?”

Then I feel very conflicted and guilty.  Most of all I feel tired.  Time to sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I know what ur dealing with,, I used to set like 2 days to make a presentation every week for the last month
    when you have a doubt if what your doing is worth it!!!
    remember that you are teaching and spreading knowledge,, nothing is better that doing so
    read this blog, hopefully it will cheer you up:)
    http://lujayna.blogspot.com/2011/03/when-i-was-little-my-dad-used-to-set.html

    but of course we all need me time every now n then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I'm sure this is something that many teachers struggle with. Finding a balance between teaching and having a life is often difficult. Many of us are passionate about what we do and we love doing it. We need to be careful not to put so much time into teaching that we burn ourselves out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 hours... I know.. because I was in ur class... bye.. I will miss u alot.
    -- Min Gi Yoon---

    ReplyDelete